Millions miss a meal or two each day.
Help us change that! Click to donate today!
1910 New Catholic Dictionary
Pardons of Brittany
Feasts of patron saints of churches, at which an indulgence is granted and where pilgrims gather to spend the day in prayer, beginning with early Mass and a procession around the church. There are five kinds:
- Saint Yves at Treguier, the Pardon of the poor
- Our Lady of Rumengol, the Pardon of singers
- Saint Jean-du-Doigt, the Pardon of fire
- Saint Ronan, the Pardon of the mountain
- Saint Anne de la Palude, the Pardon of the sea
The Pardons begin in March and end in October and are most frequent between Easter and Michaelmas Day (September 29,).
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Entry for 'Pardons of Brittany'. 1910 New Catholic Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/ncd/p/pardons-of-brittany.html. 1910.
the Week of Proper 21 / Ordinary 26