Click here to learn more!
Smith's Bible Dictionary
Peda'iah. (whom Jehovah redeems).
1. The father of Zebudah, mother of King Jehoiakim. 2 Kings 23:38. (B.C. before 648).
2. The brother of Salathiel or Shealtiel, and father of Zerubbabel, who is usually called the "son of Shealtiel," being, as Lord A. Hervey conjectures, in reality, his uncle's successor and heir, in consequence of the failure of issue in the direct line. 1 Chronicles 3:17-19. (B.C. before 536).
3. Son of Parosh, that is, one of the family of that name, who assisted Nehemiah in repairing the walls of Jerusalem. Nehemiah 3:25. (B.C. about 446).
4. Apparently a priest; one of those who stood on the left hand of Ezra, when he read the law to the people. Nehemiah 8:4. (B.C. 445).
5. A Benjamite, ancestor of Sallu. Nehemiah 11:7.
6. A Levite, in the time of Nehemiah, Nehemiah 13:13, apparently the same as Pedaiah, 4.
7. The father of Joel, prince of the half tribe of Manasseh, in the reign of David. 1 Chronicles 27:20. (B.C. before 1013).
These files are public domain.
Smith, William, Dr. Entry for 'Pedaiah'. Smith's Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/sbd/p/pedaiah.html. 1901.