Click here to learn more!
Wilson's Dictionary of Bible Types
Genesis 24:2 (c) In this passage Abraham is a type of the Father who sent His servant (the Spirit) to obtain a bride (Rebecca) for his son Isaac. The servant represents the Holy Spirit, and Isaac represents the Lord JESUS CHRIST. Of course, Abraham represents GOD the Father. Rebecca. represents the Church. The Holy Spirit knocks at the heart's door, tells of the loveliness, the riches and the glory of the Son of GOD, and thus wins the stranger and makes him willing to leave his old haunts and companions to live for and with JESUS CHRIST, the Son.
Romans 4:3 (c) He is a type of the true believer from the standpoint of "faith."
- He was called out of idolatry by GOD, and so are we.
- He took the path of separation, and so should we.
- He obeyed GOD, and walked in a path of obedience, as we should do.
- He believed GOD about the "seed" (CHRIST), so do we.
- He was made righteous through believing in CHRIST. So are we.
GOD revealed His secrets to Abraham, the man of faith, and so He does today to those who believe His Word.
Abraham was the father of the faithful, and we too who believe GOD should have spiritual children who have faith as we have.
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Watson, Walter. Entry for 'Abraham'. Wilson's Dictoinary of Bible Types. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/wdt/a/abraham.html. 1957.