Click here to get started today!
The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Market-town in Wiltshire, 3 m. NW. of Salisbury; was the ancient capital of Wessex, and gave name to the county; its church, erected by Lord Herbert of Lea in 1844, is a rich Lombardic structure, with a campanile 108 ft. high.
Wood, James, ed. Entry for 'Wilton'. The Nuttall Encyclopedia. https://www.studylight.org/encyclopedias/eng/nut/w/wilton.html. Frederick Warne & Co Ltd. London. 1900.