Click here to get started today!
The Catholic Encyclopedia
Daughters of Divine Charity
Founded at Vienna, 21 November, 1868, by Franziska Lechner (d. 1894) on the Rule of St. Augustine, and approved by the Holy See in 1884 and definitively confirmed 22 July, 1891. The purpose of the congregation is to furnish girls without positions, shelter, care and the means of obtaining a position, without compensation, likewise to care for servants no longer able to work. The sisters are also engaged in schools, orphan asylums, and kindergartens. The motherhouse and novitiate are at Vienna; the congregation has 36 filial houses, 766 sisters, and 59 postulants.
These files are public domain.
Obstat, Nihil. Lafort, Remy, Censor. Entry for 'Daughters of Divine Charity'. The Catholic Encyclopedia. https://www.studylight.org/encyclopedias/eng/tce/d/daughters-of-divine-charity.html. Robert Appleton Company. New York. 1914.