free while helping to build churches and support pastors in Uganda.
Click here to learn more!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #03669 - כְּנַעֲנִי
Canaanite = see Cana “zealous”
1) descendant of inhabitant of Canaan (adjective)
2) descendant or inhabitant of Canaan (noun)
3) a merchant, trader (noun)
כְּנַעֲנִי f. כְּנַעֲנִית 1 Chronicles 2:3, pl. כְּנַעֲנִים Gent. noun.
(1) a Canaanite, the Canaanites, Genesis 24:3; Judges 1:1, seq.; for the particular tribes composing this nation see -Gen. 10:1519. Specially this was the name applied to the inhabitants of the lower region (see כְּנַעַן No. 2 ), on the sea shore, and the banks of Jordan; opposed to the inhabitants of the mountainous region (אֱמֹרִי which see), (Numbers 13:30; Joshua 11:3); Genesis 13:7, 15:20 Exodus 3:8, 17 33:2 34:11, etc. From the Canaanites having been famous as merchants
(2) Canaanite is applied to any merchant, Job 40:30 Proverbs 31:24 just as כַּשְׂדִּי Chaldæan, is applied to an astrologer.
the Week of Christ the King / Proper 29 / Ordinary 34