Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #2898 - טוּב
1) goods, good things, goodness
1a) good things
1b) goods, property
1c) fairness, beauty, joy, prosperity, goodness (abstract)
1d) goodness (of taste, discernment)
1e) goodness (of God) (abstract)
1186) bu (תהב ThB) AC: ? CO: ? AB: Good: The pictograph u is a picture of a basket, used to contain or surround something. The b is a picture of a tent or house. Combined these mean "surround the house". The house is surrounded by grace, beauty, love, health and prosperity, something that is functional.
Nf) bfu (תהוב ThWB) - Good: Something that functions properly. KJV (591): good, better, well, goodness, goodly, best, merry, fair, prosperity, precious, fine, wealth, beautiful, fairer, favour, glad - Strongs: H2896 (טוֹב), H2898 (טוּב)
V) bui (יתהב YThB) - Good: To be good such as in being functional. [Hebrew and Aramaic] KJV (108): (vf: Paal, Hiphil) well, good, please, merry, amend, better, accepted, diligently - Strongs: H3190 (יָטַב), H3191 (יְטַב)
Jeff Brenner, Ancient Hebrew Research Center Used by permission of the author.
(1) goodness. Psalms 119:66, טוּב טַעַם “goodness of intelligence,” good understanding; the goodness, i.e. the kindness of God, Psalms 25:7, 27:13 31:20 145:7 Jeremiah 31:14.
(2) concr. that which is good, or best of any thing, i.e. the best part, Genesis 45:18, 20 Genesis 45:20. טוּב הָאָרֶץ the best gifts of the land, Genesis 45:23; Isaiah 1:19; Ezra 9:12.
(3) goods, i.e. wealth, property, Deuteronomy 6:11 precious things, Genesis 24:10 comp. verses 22 Genesis 24:22, 30 Genesis 24:30.
(4) beauty. Hosea 10:11; Zechariah 9:17. Used of the divine glory, Exodus 33:19, אֲנִי אַעֲבִיד כָּל־טוּבִי. [But is this the sense of the passage? See No. 1.]
(5) welfare, happiness, Job 20:21, 21:16 Proverbs 11:10.
(6) with the addition of לֵב gladness, cheerfulness. Deuteronomy 28:47; Isaiah 65:14.
Saturday in Easter Week