Click here to join the effort!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #2971 - יָאִיר
Jair = “he enlightens”
1) a descendant of Manasseh who conquered many towns during the time of the conquest
2) the Gileadite, a judge of Israel for 22 years during the time of the judges; father of 30 sons
3) a Benjamite, son of Kish, and father of Mordecai
4) father of Elhanan, one of David’s mighty warriors
יָאִיר (“whom he (sc. God) enlightens” from אוּר), [Jair], pr.n. (Gr. Ἰάειρος, Mark 5:22)
(1) of a son of Manasseh, Numbers 32:41.
(2) of a judge of the Israelites, Judges 10:3.
(3) Esther 2:5. Patron. יָאִירִי 2 Samuel 20:26 from No. 2.
the Week of Proper 23 / Ordinary 28