Click here to join the effort!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #2970 - יַאֲזַנְיָהוּ
Jaazaniah = “Jehovah hears”
1) a Judean, son of the Maachathite, a captain of the Judean forces who visited Gedaliah at Mizpah after Gedaliah had been appointed governor of Judah by Nebuchadnezzar
2) son of Shaphan, an elder of Israel in the days of Ezekiel
3) son of Azur, one of the princes of the people against whom Ezekiel was directed to prophesy
4) a Rechabite, son of Jeremiah the prophet
(1) 2 Kings 25:23 contr. יְזַנְיָהוּ Jeremiah 40:8 יְזַנְיָה Jeremiah 42:1.
(2) Ezekiel 8:11.
the Week of Proper 25 / Ordinary 30