Consider helping today!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #3092 - יְהוֹשָׁפָט
Jehoshaphat = “Jehovah has judged”
1) son of king Asa and himself king of Judah for 25 years; one of the best, most pious, and prosperous kings of Judah (noun proper masculine)
2) son of Nimshi and father of king Jehu of the northern kingdom of Israel (noun proper masculine)
3) son of Ahilud and chronicler under David and Solomon (noun proper masculine)
4) son of Paruah and one of the 12 commissary officers under Solomon (noun proper masculine)
5) a priest and trumpeter in the time of David (noun proper masculine)
6) symbolical name of a valley near Jerusalem which is the place of ultimate judgment; maybe the deep ravine which separates Jerusalem from the Mount of Olives through which the Kidron flowed (noun proper locative)
יְהוֹשָׁפָט (“whom Jehovah judges,” i.e. whose cause he pleads), Jehoshaphat
(1) king of Judah, 914-889 B. C., son of Asa, -1 Ki. 22:4151, from whom the valley between Jerusalem and the Mount of Olives received its name [“although that is not expressly stated”], Joel 4:2, 12 Joe 4:12 2Ch 20:1-37.
(2) the recorder of king David, 2 Samuel 8:16, 20:24.
(3) 1 Kings 4:17.
(4) 2 Kings 9:2, 14 2 Kings 9:14.
the Fifth Week after Easter