Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #6214 - עֲשָׂהאֵל
Asahel = “God-made”
1) nephew of David, son of David’s sister Zeruiah, and brother of Joab and Abishai; swift of foot he was killed by Abner when he pursued him in battle and caught him
2) a Levite in the reign of king Jehoshaphat of Judah who went through the kingdom giving instruction in the law
3) a Levite in the reign of king Hezekiah of Judah in charge of the tithes and dedicated things in the temple
4) a priest, father of Jonathan, in the time of Ezra
עֲשָׂהאֵל (“whom God created,” i.e. constituted, appointed), [Asahel], pr.n. m.
(1) 2 Samuel 2:18, 23:24 1 Chronicles 27:7 and, with the words separated, 1 Chronicles 2:16.
(2) 2 Chronicles 17:8, 31:13.
(3) Ezra 10:15. As to the letter ה quiescing in the middle of a word, see Lehrg. p. 48.
the Seventh Week after Easter