Click here to get started today!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #7586 - שָׁאוּל
Saul or Shaul = “desired”
1) a Benjamite, son of Kish, and the 1st king of Israel
2) an early king of Edom and a successor of Samlah
3) a son of Simeon
4) a Levite, son of Uzziah
שָׁאוּל (“asked for,” compare 1 Samuel 8:4, seq.) Saul, [Shaul], pr.n.
(1) of the first Israelite king, of the tribe of Benjamin, 1 Samuel 9:2, seq.
(2) of a king of the Edomites, Genesis 36:37.
(3) of a son of Simeon, 46:10.
(4) 1 Chronicles 6:9. From 3 is patron. שָׁאוּלִי [Shaulites], Numbers 26:13.
the Fifth Week after Easter