Click here to get started today!
David’s last Directions
2. The footstool of our God] i.e. the Mercy Seat: 2 Samuel 6:2; Psalms 132:7.
5. The throne of the kingdom of the Lord] cp. 1 Chronicles 17:14; 1 Chronicles 29:23. Israel’s kings were the Lord’s vicegerents and representatives: He was their true ruler.
7. If he be constant] The continuance of God’s favour was conditional upon continued obedience, and the writer, living after the exile, knew how the condition had been violated.
11. The pattern] The pattern of the Tabernacle is similarly stated to have been communicated to Moses by God: Exodus 25:9, Exodus 25:40. The houses] the Holy Place and the Most Holy Place: see 1 Kings 6. Treasuries.. upper chambers] probably the side-chambers, described in 1 Kings 6:5, of which there were three storeys.
Inner parlours] perhaps the lowest of the side-chambers.
12. By the spirit] i.e. by revelation. The chambers round about] perhaps detached buildings constructed round the courts that enclosed the Temple.
15. Candlesticks] better ’lampstands,’ and so elsewhere. Ten are mentioned in 1 Kings 7:49, but only one in 2 Chronicles 13:11.
16. The tables] Ten are alluded to again in 2 Chronicles 4:8, but only a single table is mentioned in 1 Kings 7:48; 2 Chronicles 13:11; 2 Chronicles 29:18.
18. The chariot of the cherubims] RV ’the chariot, even the cherubim’: cp. Psalms 18:10; Ezekiel 1, Ezekiel 10:8.
20. He will not fail thee] A similar assurance of God’s constant aid was given to Jacob and Joshua: Genesis 28:15; Joshua 1:5.
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Dummelow, John. "Commentary on 1 Chronicles 28". "John Dummelow's Commentary on the Bible". https://www.studylight.org/
the Week of Proper 13 / Ordinary 18