Click to donate today!
The De Profundis—a song of redemption from trouble through faith in God. Probably a very late Ps. The Ps. is antiphonal. First voice (Psalms 130:1-2), Second voice (3, 4), First voice (5, 6), Chorus (7, 8).
1. Out of the depths] i.e. from sore trouble.
4. Feared] Rather a startling statement. But the fear of God means true, earnest religion: cp. Psalms 19:10; Genesis 20:11.
6. RV ’more than watchmen look for the morning,’ i.e. impatiently.
7. Plenteous redemption] i.e. abundant means of effecting salvation for His people.
8. Redeem, etc.] i.e. deliver not only from the consequences of sin, but from sin itself.
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Dummelow, John. "Commentary on Psalms 130". "Dummelow's Commentary on the Bible". https://www.studylight.org/
the Week of Proper 8 / Ordinary 13