A late Ps., though ascribed to David, consisting mainly of appropriate reminiscences from earlier Pss.
2. Shall no man living, etc.] perhaps, 'is no man living righteous.'
3. That have been long dead] better, 'that are for ever dead': cp. Lamentations 3:6.
4. Is.. overwhelmed] better, 'faints.'
Is desolate] better, 'is bewildered.'
6. Selah] see on Psalms 3:4; Psalms 7. Hear] better, 'answer': cp. Psalms 28:1.
10. 'Let thy good spirit lead me in an even' (i.e. safe, peaceful) 'country': cp. Psalms 27:11.
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Dummelow, John. "Commentary on Psalms 143". "John Dummelow's Commentary on the Bible". https://www.studylight.org/
the Third Week after Epiphany