Click to donate today!
This is the ’Gloria in Excelsis’ of the Psalter, wherein all created things, animate and inanimate, are called upon to praise Jehovah.
1. From the heavens] i.e. angels and the heavenly bodies.
4. Waters that be above the heavens] So God divided the waters: see Genesis 1:6, Genesis 1:7.
6. Which shall not pass] RM’which none shall transgress.’
8. Vapours] smoke or steam: cp. Psalms 119:83.
13. Excellent] RV ’exalted.’
14. RM ’a horn for his people, a praise for all his saints,’ i.e. the giving victory to God’s people (’exalting the horn’) is a subject of praise.
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Dummelow, John. "Commentary on Psalms 148". "Dummelow's Commentary on the Bible". https://www.studylight.org/
Eve of Ascension