CHAPTER 36 The Work Carried Out
1. The work begun (Exodus 36:1-4)
2. The over-supply in the offerings (Exodus 36:5-7)
3. The curtains (Exodus 36:8-13)
4. The covering of the tent (Exodus 36:14-19)
5. The boards and the sockets of silver (Exodus 36:20-30)
6. The bars (Exodus 36:31-34)
7. The vail and the hanging for the door (Exodus 36:35-38)
In the abundant offerings, more than was needed, we see the results of the grace of God. Every morning the offerings were presented. So large was the supply that they had to be restrained. What a contrast with the professing people of God in our days! How little self-sacrifice and self denial; how little willingness to spend and be spent. The methods used to help along the work of the Lord, such as collections from unbelievers, are condemned by the word of God. The willingness of the people was the fruit of the spirit of God. The different curtains and coverings, boards and bars and the vail and hanging were prepared. In chapter 30 we saw God began with that which is within; the building began with the outside things.
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Gaebelein, Arno Clemens. "Commentary on Exodus 36". "Gaebelein's Annotated Bible". https://www.studylight.org/
the Third Week after Epiphany