Click to donate today!
Prophecies Against the Nations Isaiah 13:1 to Isaiah 27:13 records prophecies against twelve nations, culminating with praise unto the Lord. God planted the nation of Israel in the midst of the nations as a witness of God’s plan of redemption for mankind. Instead of embracing God’s promises and commandments to mankind, the nations rejected Israel and their God, then they participated in Israel’s destruction. Although God judges His people, He also judged these nations, the difference being God promised to restore and redeem Israel, while the nations received no future hope of restoration in their prophecies; yet, their opportunity for restoration is found in Israel’s rejection when God grafts the Church into the vine of Israel (Romans 11:11-32). The more distant nations played little or no role in Israel’s idolatry, demise, and divine judgment, so they are not listed in this passage of Scripture.
It is important to note in prophetic history that Israel’s judgment is followed by judgment upon the nations; and Israel’s final restoration is followed by the restoration of the nations and the earth. Thus, some end time scholars believe that the events that take place in Israel predict parallel events that are destined to take place among the nations.
Here is a proposed outline:
1. Judgment upon Babylon Isaiah 13:1 to Isaiah 14:27
2. Judgment upon Philistia Isaiah 14:28-32
3. Judgment upon Moab Isaiah 15:1 to Isaiah 16:14
4. Judgment upon Damascus Isaiah 17:1-14
5. Judgment upon Ethiopia Isaiah 18:1-7
6. Judgment upon Egypt Isaiah 19:1-25
7. Prophecy Against Ethiopia & Egypt Isaiah 20:1-6
8. Judgment upon the Wilderness of the Sea Isaiah 21:1-10
9. Judgment upon Dumah Isaiah 21:11-12
10. Judgment upon Arabia Isaiah 21:13-17
11. Judgment upon Judah Isaiah 22:1-25
12. Judgment upon Tyre Isaiah 23:1-18
13. Judgment upon the Earth Isaiah 24:1-23
These files are copyrighted by the author, Gary Everett. Used by Permission.
No distribution beyond personal use without permission.
Everett, Gary H. "Commentary on Isaiah 18". Everett's Study Notes on the Holy Scriptures. https://www.studylight.org/
the Week of Proper 8 / Ordinary 13