Click to donate today!
It's Not How You Start
A. In our last study of the book of Nehemiah, we saw how the Lord had blessed His people by the reading and understanding of His Word, and how they had made a new commitment to follow Him!
1. In Neh_10:30 , they committed themselves to no mixed marriages!
2. In Neh_10:31 , they committed to keeping the Sabbath holy!
a) There would be no commerce!
b) The Sabbath year would be honored.
c) The year of Jubilee would be kept.
3. In Neh_10:32 , they recommitted to the 1/3 shekel tax to support the work of the sanctuary.
4. In Neh_10:34 , they committed to bringing in the wood for the offerings.
5. And in Neh_10:35-39 , they committed to the tithe of all their "firstfruits".
a) Their last words in Neh_10:39 were, ". . we will not forget the house of our God."
B. Because of these new commitments temple worship was restored!
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Brown, John. "Commentary on Nehemiah 10". Brown's Commentary on Selected Books of the Bible. https://www.studylight.org/
the Week of Proper 14 / Ordinary 19