Click here to learn more!
Preacher's Complete Homiletical Commentary
The Preacher's Complete Homiletical Commentary, by Joseph Exell, William Jones, George Barlow, W. Frank Scott, and others, was published in 37 volumes as a sermon preparation and study resource. It is a commentary "written by preachers for preachers" and offers thousands of pages of:
- Detailed illustrations suitable for devotional study and preaching
- Extensive helps in application of Scripture for the listener and reader
- Suggestive and explanatory comments on verses
- Theological outlines of passages
- Expository notes
- Sketches and relevant quotes
- Brief critical notes on chapters
Although originally purposed as a minister's preparation tool, the Preacher's Complete Homiletical Commentary is also a fine personal study supplement.
the Third Week after Epiphany