Millions miss a meal or two each day.
Help us change that! Click to donate today!
The American Church Dictionary and Cycopedia
Words On the Cross, the Seven
Our Blessed Lord was nailed to the Cross at nine o'clock in the morning and hanged thereon until three o'clock, when He died. During these six hours of His Crucifixion He uttered seven sayings, called the Seven Words from the Cross; they are as follows:
1. "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do."
2. "To-day thou shalt be with Me in Paradise."
3. "Woman, behold thy Son." "Behold thy Mother."
4. "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?"
5. "I thirst."
6. "It is finished."
7. "Father, into Thy hands I commend My Spirit." (See THREE HOURS' SERVICE.)
These files are public domain.
Miller, William James. Entry for 'Words On the Cross, the Seven'. The American Church Dictionary and Cyclopedia. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/acd/w/words-on-the-cross-the-seven.html. 1901.