American Tract Society Bible Dictionary
1. A town of Palestine, near the frontier of Edom, Joshua 15:21,32 Zechariah 14:10 , in the region assigned to the tribe of Simeon, Joshua 19:7 1 Chronicles 4:32 Nehemiah 11:29 .
2. A town on a high chalky hill, a few miles east of Bethel, Judges 20:45-47 21:13 . A village called Rummon still exists there.
3. A city of Zebulun, assigned to the Levites, Joshua 19:13; perhaps the same as Rimmono, 1 Chronicles 6:77 , which may be traced in the modern village Rimmaneh, northwest of mount Tabor.
4. An unknown encampment of the Israelites in the desert, Numbers 33:19 .
5. An idol of the Syrians, 2 Kings 5:18 . See NAMAAN.
These files are public domain and are a derivative of the topics are from American Tract Society Bible Dictionary published in 1859.
Rand, W. W. Entry for 'Rimmon'. American Tract Society Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/ats/r/rimmon.html. 1859.