free while helping to build churches and support pastors in Uganda.
Click here to learn more!
Charles Buck Theological Dictionary
Fear of God
Is that holy disposition or gracious habit formed in the soul by the Holy Spirit, whereby we are inclined to obey all God's commands; and evidences itself,
1. By a dread of his displeasure.
2. Desire of his favour.
3. Regard for his excellencies.
4. Submission to his will.
5. Gratitude for his benefits.
6. Sincerity in his worship.
7. Conscientious obedience to his commands, Proverbs 8:13 . Job 28:28 . Bates's Works, page 913; Gill's Body of Divinity, vol. 3: book 1:
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Buck, Charles. Entry for 'Fear of God'. Charles Buck Theological Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/cbd/f/fear-of-god.html. 1802.