Click here to get started today!
Charles Buck Theological Dictionary
DUTIES OF THE. "
1. To glorify God by magnifying his name.
2. To sing his praises.
3. To declare to others God's goodness.
4. To pray to him for what we want.
5. To make open profession of our subjection to him.
6. To preach his word.
7. To defend the truth.
8. To exhort men to particular duties.
9. To confess our sins to God.
10. To crave the advice of others.
11. To praise that which is good in others.
12. To bear witness to the truth.
13. To defend the cause of the innocent and just.
14. To communicate to others the same good impressions we have received."
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Buck, Charles. Entry for 'Tongue'. Charles Buck Theological Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/cbd/t/tongue.html. 1802.