Click here to join the effort!
Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. Joshua 15:58. A few miles N. of Hebron. Perhaps now Jedur between Bethlehem and Hebron, two miles W. of the road.
2. A town of Benjamin, to which belonged Jeroham, father of Joelah and Zebadiah, who "of Saul's brethren of Benjamite" joined David at Ziklag (1 Chronicles 12:7).
3. Ancestor of Saul (1 Chronicles 8:31; 1 Chronicles 9:37).
4. Among Judah's posterity (1 Chronicles 4:4; 1 Chronicles 4:18).
5. See . (1 Chronicles 4:39.) Simeonite chiefs in Hezekiah's reign "went to the entrance of (rather as Keil, 'westward from') Gedor unto the eastern side of the valley to seek pasture for their flocks," and they dislodged the Hamites "dwelling there of old, and dwelt in their room." On the way between southern Judah and mount Seir. Septuagint reads "Gerar" (but Simeon's dwellings did not extend westward from Gerar, but were all E. of Gerar).
These files are public domain.
Fausset, Andrew R. Entry for 'Gedor'. Fausset's Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/fbd/g/gedor.html. 1949.