Millions miss a meal or two each day.
Help us change that! Click to donate today!
Fausset's Bible Dictionary
("strength of God".)
1. Kohath's fourth son (Exodus 6:18; Exodus 6:22; 1 Chronicles 6:2; 1 Chronicles 6:18). Head of one of the four great Kohathite families, UZZIELITES (Numbers 3:27; 1 Chronicles 26:23).
2. Son of Ishi, of Simeon; one of the four captains who led their 500 brethren to Mount Seir, of which they dispossessed the Amalekites (1 Chronicles 4:42-43). 1 Chronicles 4:3. A Benjamite, of Bela's sons (1 Chronicles 7:7).
4. A musician, of Heman's sons (1 Chronicles 25:4; Azareel, i.e. helped of God, in ver. 18).
5. A Levite, of Jeduthun's sons; under Hezekiah took part in cleansing the temple from its pollution under Ahaz (2 Chronicles 29:14; 2 Chronicles 29:19).
6. Son of Harhaiah, a priest who repaired the wall (Nehemiah 3:8): "of the goldsmiths," i.e. those priests whose hereditary office it was to make or repair the sacred vessels.
These files are public domain.
Fausset, Andrew R. Entry for 'Uzziel'. Fausset's Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/fbd/u/uzziel.html. 1949.