Click here to join the effort!
King James Dictionary
ASSU'RE, ashu're. See Assurance.
1. To make certain to give confidence by a promise, declaration, or other evidence as, he assured me of his sincerity.
2. To confirm to make certain or secure.
And it shall be assured to him. Leviticus 28 .
3. To embolden to make confident.
And hereby we shall assure our hearts before him. 1 John 3 .
4. To make secure, with of before the object secured as, let me be assured of your fidelity.
5. To affiance to betroth. Obs.
6. To insure to covenant to indemnify for loss. See Insure.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Assure'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/a/assure.html.