Click here to join the effort!
King James Dictionary
FAT'NESS, n. from fat.
1. The quality of being fat, plump, or full fed corpulency fullness of flesh.
Their eyes stand out with fatness. Psalms 73 .
2. Unctuous or greasy matter.
3. Unctuousness sliminess applied to earth: hence richness fertility fruitfulness.
God give thee of the dew of heaven, and the fatness of the earth, and plenty of corn and wine. Genesis 27 .
4. That which gives fertility.
Thy paths drop fatness. Psalms 65 .
The clouds drop fatness.
5. The privileges and pleasures of religion abundant blessings.
Let your soul delight itself in fatness. Isaiah 55 .
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Fatness'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/f/fatness.html.