Click here to join the effort!
King James Dictionary
1. The place or bed formed or used by a bird for incubation or the mansion of her young, until they are able to fly. The word is used also for the bed in which certain insects deposit their eggs.
2. Any place where irrational animals are produced.
3. An abode a place of residence a receptacle of numbers, or the collection itself usually in an sense as a nest of rogues.
4. A warm close place of abode generally in contempt.
5. A number of boxes, cases or the like, inserted in each other.
NEST, To build and occupy a nest.
The king of birds nested with its leaves.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Nest'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/n/nest.html.