Click here to get started today!
King James Dictionary
1. An instrument for catching fish and fowls, or wild beasts, formed with twine or thread interwoven with meshes.
2. A cunning device a snare. Mich 7.
3. Inextricable difficulty. Job 18 .
4. Severe afflictions. Job 19 .
NET, To make a net or net-work to knot.
NET, a. See Neat
1. Neat pure unadulterated.
2. Being without flaw or spot.
3. Being beyond all charges or outlay as net profits.
4. Being clear of all tare and tret, or all deductions as net weight. It is sometimes written nett, but improperly. Net is properly a mercantile appropriation of neat.
NET, To produce clear profit.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Net'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/n/net.html.