Click here to join the effort!
King James Dictionary
1. Great elevated dignified being above every thing that can dishonor reputation as a nobel mind a noble courage noble deeds of valor.
2. Exalted elevated sublime.
Statues, with winding ivy crown'd, belong to nobler poets for a nobler song.
3. Magnificent stately splendid as a noble parade a noble edifice.
4. Of an ancient and splendid family as nobel by descent.
5. Distinguished from commoners by rank and title as a noble personage.
6. Free generous liberal as a noble heart.
7. Principal capital as the noble parts of the body.
8. Ingenuous candid of an excellent disposition ready to receive truth. Acts 17 .
9. Of the best kind choice excellent as a noble vine. Jeremiah 2 .
1. A person of rank above a commoner a nobleman a peer as a duke, marquis, earl, viscount or baron.
2. In Scripture, a person of honorable family or distinguished by station. Exodus 24 . Nehemiah 6 .
3. Originally, a gold coin, but now a money of account, value 6s. 8d. sterling, or 48cts.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Noble'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/n/noble.html.