Click here to get started today!
King James Dictionary
PU'RITY, n. L. puritas, form purus.
1. Freedom from foreign admixture or heterogeneous matter as the purity of water, of wine, of spirit the purity of drugs the purity of metals.
2. Cleanness freedom from foulness or dirt as the purity of a garment.
The purity of a linen vesture.
3. Freedom from guilt or the defilement of sin innocence as purity of heart or life.
4. Chastity freedom from contamination by illicit sexual connection.
5. Freedom from any sinister or improper views as the purity of motives or designs.
6. Freedom from foreign idioms, from barbarous or improper words or phrases as purity of style or language.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Purity'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/p/purity.html.