Click here to get started today!
King James Dictionary
RELIG'IOUS, a. L. religiosus.
1. Pertaining or relating to religion as a religious society a religious sect a religious place religious subjects.
2. Pious godly loving and reverencing the Supreme Being and obeying his precepts as a religious man.
3. Devoted to the practice of religion as a religious life.
4. Teaching religion containing religious subject or the doctrines and precepts of religion, or the discussion of topics of religion as a religious book.
5. Exact strict such as religion requires as a religious observance of vows or promises.
6. Engaged by vows to a monastic life as a religious order or fraternity.
7. Appropriated to the performance of sacred or religious duties as a religious house.
RELIG'IOUS, n. A person bound by monastic vows, or sequestered from secular concerns and devoted to a life of piety and devotion a monk or friar a nun.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Religious'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/r/religious.html.