Click here to get started today!
King James Dictionary
1. The lower and loose part of a coat or other garment the part below the waist as the skirt of a coat or mantle. 1 Samuel 15
2. The edge of any part of dress.
3. Border edge margin extreme part as the skirt of a forest the skirt of a town.
4. A woman's garment like a petticoat.
5. The diaphragm or midriff in animals.
To spread the skirt over, in Scripture, to take under one's care and protection Ruth 3
SKIRT, To border to form the border or edge or to run along the edge as a plain skirted by rows of trees a circuit skirted round with wood.
SKIRT, To be on the border to live near the extremity.
Savages--who skirt along our western frontiers.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Skirt'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/s/skirt.html.