Click here to get started today!
King James Dictionary
1. Smooth glib having the quality opposite to adhesiveness as, oily substances render things slippery.
2. Not affording firm footing or confidence as a slippery promise. The slipp'ry tops of human state.
3. Not easily held liable or apt to slip away. The slipp'ry god will try to loose his hold.
4. Not standing firm, as slippery standers.
5. Unstable changeable mutable uncertain as the slippery state of kings.
6. Not certain in its effect as a slippery trick.
7. Lubrious wanton unchaste.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Slippery'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/s/slippery.html.