King James Dictionary
TEN'DERNESS, n. The state of being tender or easily broken, bruised or injured softness brittleness as the tenderness of a thread the tenderness of flesh.
1. The state of being easily hurt soreness as the tenderness of flesh when bruised or inflamed.
2. Susceptibility of the softer passions sensibility.
Well we know your tenderness of heart.
3. Kind attention anxiety for the good of another, or to save him from pain.
4. Scrupulousness caution extreme care or concern not to give or to commit offense as tenderness of conscience.
5. Cautious care to preserve or not to injure as a tenderness of reputation.
6. Softness of expression pathos.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Tenderness'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/t/tenderness.html.