Morrish Bible Dictionary
1. Father of Jedidah and grandfather of Josiah, king of Judah. 2 Kings 22:1 .
2. Son of Ethan, a Gershonite. 1 Chronicles 4:41 .
3. One of the sons of Shimhi. 1 Chronicles 8:21 .
4. Son of Jeroham. 1 Chronicles 9:12 .
5. Father of Maaseiah a "captain of hundreds." 2 Chronicles 23:1 .
6,7. Two who had married strange wives. Ezra 10:29,39 .
8. One whose descendants returned from exile and dwelt in Jerusalem. Nehemiah 11:5 .
9. One who returned from exile, and did the work of the house of the Lord. Nehemiah 11:12 .
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Morrish, George. Entry for 'Adaiah'. Morrish Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/mbd/a/adaiah.html. 1897.