the Fourth Week of Lent
Smith's Bible Dictionary
Ada'iah. (adorned by Jehovah).
1. Maternal grandfather of King Josiah, and native of Boscath in the Shefelah, or lowlands of Judah. 2 Kings 22:1. (B.C. 648).
2. A Levite of the Gershonite branch, and ancestor of Asaph. 1 Chronicles 6:41. In 1 Chronicles 6:21. Heb Isa called Iddo.
3. A Benjamite, son of Shimhi, 1 Chronicles 8:21, who is apparently the same as Shema in 1 Chronicles 8:13.
4. A priest, son of Jehoram. 1 Chronicles 9:12; Nehemiah 11:12.
5. Ancestor of Maaseiah, one of the captains who supported Jehoiada. 2 Chronicles 23:1.
6. One of the descendants of Bani, who had married a foreign wife after the return from Babylon. Ezra 10:29. (B.C. 459).
7. The descendant of another Bani, who had also taken a foreign wife. Ezra 10:39.
8. A man of Judah, of the line of Pharez. Nehemiah 11:5.
These files are public domain.
Smith, William, Dr. Entry for 'Adaiah'. Smith's Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/​dictionaries/​eng/​sbd/​a/adaiah.html. 1901.