Click here to get started today!
Morrish Bible Dictionary
1. Son of Shashak, a Benjamite. 1 Chronicles 8:23 .
2. Son of Azel, a Benjamite. 1 Chronicles 8:38; 1 Chronicles 9:44 .
3. Son of Maachah and one of David's mighty men. 1 Chronicles 11:43 .
4. Ancestor of some Nethinim who returned from exile. Ezra 2:46; Nehemiah 7:49 .
5,6. Levites who returned from exile, one of whom sealed the covenant. Nehemiah 8:7; Nehemiah 10:10 .
7,8. Two chiefs of the people who sealed the covenant. Nehemiah 10:22,26 .
9. Son of Zaccur and one of the 'treasurers.' (Apparently the four treasurers or store-keepers represented the priests, the scribes, the Levites, and the people.) Nehemiah 13:13 .
10. One whose sons had a chamber in the house of the Lord. Jeremiah 35:4 .
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Morrish, George. Entry for 'Hanan'. Morrish Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/mbd/h/hanan.html. 1897.