free while helping to build churches and support pastors in Uganda.
Click here to learn more!
Morrish Bible Dictionary
1. Son of Malchijah, a priest, and ancestor of some who returned from exile. 1 Chronicles 9:12; Ezra 2:38; Ezra 10:22; Nehemiah 7:41; Nehemiah 11:12 . Perhaps the same as No. 4.
2. Priest who sealed the covenant. Nehemiah 10:3 .
3. Son of Immer, 'chief governor in the house of the Lord.' He struck Jeremiah and put him in the stocks. Jeremiah said to him that the Lord had called his name MAGOR-MISSABIB, 'fear round about' margin . The Lord would make him a terror to himself and all his friends; and they should fall by the sword. He should be carried into captivity and die there. Jeremiah 20:1-6 .
4. Son of Melchiah or Malchiah: he with others advised Zedekiah to put Jeremiah to death. Jeremiah 21:1; Jeremiah 38:1 .
5. Father of Gedaliah. Jeremiah 38:1 .
These files are public domain.
Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. Used by Permission.
Morrish, George. Entry for 'Pashur'. Morrish Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/mbd/p/pashur.html. 1897.
the Week of Proper 24 / Ordinary 29