Click here to learn more!
Smith's Bible Dictionary
1. One of the sons of Heman, and head of the eighteenth course of the service. 1 Chronicles 25:4; 1 Chronicles 25:25.
2. A seer who rebuked, (B.C. 941), Asa king of Judah. 2 Chronicles 16:7. For this, he was imprisoned. 2 Chronicles 16:10. He, or another Hanani, was the father of Jehu, the seer, who testified against Baasha, 1 Kings 16:1; 1 Kings 16:7, and Jehoshaphat. 2 Chronicles 19:2; 2 Chronicles 20:34.
3. One of the priests, who in the time of Ezra had taken strange wives. Ezra 10:20.
4. A brother of Nehemiah, Nehemiah 1:2, who was made governor of Jerusalem, under Nehemiah. Nehemiah 7:2.
5. A priest mentioned in Nehemiah 12:36.
These files are public domain.
Smith, William, Dr. Entry for 'Hanani'. Smith's Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/sbd/h/hanani.html. 1901.