the Week of Proper 21 / Ordinary 26
Smith's Bible Dictionary
1. One who went up from Babylon, with Zerubbabel. Ezra 2:2. (B.C. 536).
2. "Rehum, the chancellor." Ezra 4:8-9; Ezra 4:17; Ezra 4:23. He was, perhaps, a kind of lieutenant-governor of the province, under the king of Persia. (B.C. 535).
3. A Levite of the family of Bani, who assisted in rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem. Nehemiah 3:17. (B.C. 445).
4. One of the chief of the people, who signed the covenant with Nehemiah. Nehemiah 10:25. (B.C. 410).
5. A priestly family, or the head of a priestly house, who went up with Zerubbabel. Nehemiah 12:3. (B.C. 536).
These files are public domain.
Smith, William, Dr. Entry for 'Rehum'. Smith's Bible Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/​dictionaries/​eng/​sbd/​r/rehum.html. 1901.