free while helping to build churches and support pastors in Uganda.
Click here to learn more!
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
(3) An officer of Uzziah (2 Chronicles 26:11 ).
(4) Ahaz' son, slain by the Ephraimite, Zichri (2 Chronicles 28:7 ).
(5) A governor of Jerusalem under Josiah (2 Chronicles 34:8 ).
(6) (7) (8) (9) The name of 4 men, 3 of them priests, who had married foreign wives (Ezra 10:18 , Ezra 10:21 , Ezra 10:22 , Ezra 10:30 ).
(10) Father of Azariah, one of the builders of the wall (Nehemiah 3:23 ).
(11) One of those who stood at Ezra's right hand during the reading of the Law (Nehemiah 8:4 ).
(12) One of the expounders of the Law (Nehemiah 8:7 ).
(13) One of those who took part in sealing the covenant (Nehemiah 10:25 ).
(16) (17) Name of two priests (Nehemiah 12:41 f).
(18) A priest in Zedekiah's reign, father of a certain Zephaniah who interviewed the prophet Jeremiah (Jeremiah 21:1; Jeremiah 29:25; Jeremiah 37:3 ).
(19) Father of the false prophet Zedekiah (Jeremiah 29:21 ).
(20) A keeper of the threshold in the reign of Jehoiakim (Jeremiah 35:4 ).
(21) Baaseiah (which see), a Kohathite name (1 Chronicles 6:40 ), is probably a textual error for Maaseiah.
(22) the King James Version for Mahseiah, an ancestor of Baruch (Jeremiah 32:12 ).
These files are public domain and were generously provided by the folks at WordSearch Software.
Orr, James, M.A., D.D. General Editor. Entry for 'Maaseiah'. International Standard Bible Encyclopedia. https://www.studylight.org/encyclopedias/eng/isb/m/maaseiah.html. 1915.