Click here to get started today!
Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #07990 - שַׁלִּיט
1) having mastery, having authority, ruling
1a) having or exercising mastery, ruling
1b) ruler (substantive)
1c) having authority
1c1) it is authorised
bm) uils (סהליתה ShLYTh) - Master: One who has dominion over another, also a rule or law as a master. [Hebrew and Aramaic] KJV (14): governor, mighty, power, ruler, rule, captain, lawful - Strongs: H7989 (שַׁלִּיט), H7990 (שַׁלִּיט)
Jeff Brenner, Ancient Hebrew Research Center Used by permission of the author.
שַׁלִּיט m. שַׁלֶּטֶת f. (for שַׁלֵּטֶת, for ־ִי is lost in inflexion)
(1) hard, vehement, i.q. سلِيطُ, and fem. שַׁלֶּטֶת Arabic سَلِيطَةُ an imperious and impudent woman, Ezekiel 16:30.
(2) having power over anything, Ecclesiastes 8:8, and subst. powerful one, ruler, Ecclesiastes 7:19, 10:5 Genesis 42:6.
(1) powerful, Daniel 2:10, 4:23 having power over any thing, followed by בְּ of thing, Daniel 4:14, 22, 29 5:21 subst. a prince, Daniel 2:15, 5:29 Ezra 4:20.
(2) followed by לְ with an inf. (there is, there is given) power to do anything, Ezra 7:24.
the Week of Proper 7 / Ordinary 12