Old Testament Hebrew Lexical Dictionary
Strong's #7070 - קָנֶה
1) reed, stalk, bone, balances
1b) water-plant, reed
1c) calamus (aromatic reed)
1d) derived meanings
1d2) reed (as unit of measure — 6 cubits)
1d3) beam (of scales — for scales themselves)
1d4) shaft (of lampstand)
1d5) branches (of lampstand)
1428) nq (קנ QN) AC: Acquire CO: Nest AB: Zealous: The pictograph q is a picture of the sun at the horizon and the gathering of the light, the n is a picture of a seed. Combined these mean "gathering for the seeds". The parent birds go about gathering materials to build a nest where they will raise their seeds (eggs) . (eng: coin - for purchasing)
E) anq (קנא QNA) AC: ? CO: ? AB: Zealous: The parent bird will guard over and protect the nest and eggs from predators. Man can guard over the family, wife, possessions in a positive way (protect, from an enemy) or in a negative way (by not trusting or a desire to have anothers possessions) .
H) enq (קנה QNH) AC: Gather CO: Branch AB: ?: The process of gathering branches for the nest; mans gathering or acquiring materials by taking or buying. The ancients measured wealth by the amount of ones possessions and measured distances using a branch with marks on it.
V) enq (קנה QNH) - Possess: To acquire someone or something through a purchase or other method. [Hebrew and Aramaic] KJV (85): (vf: Paal, Niphal, Hiphil) get, gotten, possess, buy, purchase, possessor, buyer, keep - Strongs: H7066 (קְנָא), H7069 (קָנָה)
hm) enqm (מקנה MQNH) - I. Herd:What is purchased or possessed. II. Possession:What is purchased or possessed. Usually of livestock or land. KJV (75): cattle, possession, flocks, substance, herd, purchase - Strongs: H4735 (מִקְנֶה)
Jeff Brenner, Ancient Hebrew Research Center Used by permission of the author.
קָנֶה m. pr.
(1) cane, reed, calamus (see the root; to this answer the Greek and Latin, κάννα, κάννη, κάνη, canna), specially, a reed growing in rivers and marshes, Isaiah 42:3, 36:6 Psalms 68:31 (where the beast of the reed is the crocodile [but see חַיָּה ]), aromatic and sweet smelling calamus. Isaiah 43:24 fully, קְנֵה בֹשֶׂם Exodus 30:23 and קָנֶה הַטּוֹב Jeremiah 6:20.
(2) a stalk of corn, Genesis 41:5, 22 Genesis 41:22.
(3) κανών, a measuring reed, fully, קְנֵה הַמִּדָּה Ezekiel 40:3, Ezekiel 40:5 also a measure of six cubits, Ezekiel 41:8.
(4) the beam of a balance (Gr. κανών), Isaiah 46:6.
(5) the higher bone of the arm (prop. tube, comp. Germ. Rohr, and Röhre, Armröhre), hence branch of a chandelier, Exodus 25:31; Job 31:22. Plur. קָנִים channels or branches of a chandelier bearing the lights, Exodus 25:31, seqq.; and קָנוֹת 25:36 37:22.
the Third Sunday after Easter