free while helping to build churches and support pastors in Uganda.
Click here to learn more!
King James Dictionary
ABROAD, adv. abrawd'. See Broad
In a general sense, at large widely not confined to narrow limits. Hence,
1. In the open air.
2. Beyond or out of the walls of a house, as to walk abroad.
3. Beyond the limits of a camp. Deuteronomy 23:10
4. Beyond the bounds of a country in foreign countries - as to go abroad for an education. We have broils at home and enemies abroad.
5. Extensively before the public at large.
He began to blaze abroad the matter. Mark 1:45.
6. Widely with expansion as a tree spreads its branches abroad.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Abroad'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/a/abroad.html.