Click here to get started today!
King James Dictionary
1. The act of gathering, or assembling.
2. The body formed by gathering an assemblage, or assembly a crowd as a collection of men.
3. A contribution a sum collected for a charitable purpose.
Now concerning the collection for the saints. 1 Corinthians 16 .
4. A gathering, as of matter in an abscess.
5. The act of deducing consequences reasoning inference.
6. A corollary a consectary a deduction from premises consequence.
7. A book compiled from other books, by the putting together of parts a compilation as a collection of essays or sermons.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Collection'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/c/collection.html.