the First Week of Advent
Click to donate today!
King James Dictionary
1. Absence of light.
And darkness was on the face of the deep. Genesis 1
2. Obscurity want of clearness or perspicuity that quality or state which renders any thing difficult to be understood as the darkness of counsels.
3. A state of being intellectually clouded ignorance.
Men loved darkness rather than light. John 3
4. A private place secrecy privacy.
What I tell in darkness, that speak ye in light. Matthew 10
5. Infernal gloom hell as utter darkness. Matthew 22
6. Great trouble and distress calamities perplexities.
A day of clouds and thick darkness. Joel 2 Is. viii.
7. Empire of Satan.
Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness. Colossians 1
Land of darkness, the grave. Job 10
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Darkness'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/​dictionaries/​eng/​kjd/​d/darkness.html.