free while helping to build churches and support pastors in Uganda.
Click here to learn more!
King James Dictionary
E'ASY, a. s as z. See Ease. Quiet being at rest free from pain, disturbance or annoyance. The patient has slept well and is easy.
1. Free from anxiety, care, solicitude or peevishness quiet tranquil as an easy mind.
2. Giving no pain or disturbance as an easy posture an easy carriage.
3. Not difficult that gives or requires no great labor or exertion that presents no great obstacles as an easy task. It is often more easy to resolve, than to execute.
Knowledge is easy to him that understandeth. Proverbs 14
4. Not causing labor or difficulty. An easy ascent or slope, is a slope rising with a small angle.
5. Smooth not uneven not rough or very hilly that may be traveled with ease as an easy road.
6. Gentle moderate not pressing as a ship under easy sail.
7. Yielding with little or no resistance complying credulous.
With such deceits he gained their easy hearts.
8. Ready not unwilling as easy to forgive.
9. Contented satisfied. Allow hired men wages that will make them easy.
10. Giving ease freeing from labor, care or the fatigue of business furnishing abundance without toil affluent as easy circumstances an easy fortune.
11. Not constrained not stiff or formal as easy manners an easy address easy movements in dancing.
12. Smooth flowing not harsh as an easy style.
13. Not jolting as, the horse has an easy gait.
14. Not heavy or burdensome.
My yoke is easy, and my burden light. Matthew 11
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Easy'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/e/easy.html.