Click here to learn more!
King James Dictionary
FAN, n. L. vannus.
1. An instrument used by ladies to agitate the air and cool the face in warm weather. It is made of feathers, or of thin skin, paper or taffety mounted on sticks, &c.
2. Something in the form of a woman's fan when spread, as a peacoc's tail, a window, &c.
3. An instrument for winnowing grain, by moving which the grain is thrown up and agitated, and the chaff is separated and blown away.
4. something by which the air is moved a wing.
5. An instrument to raise the fire or flame as a fan to inflame love.
Dictionary of Words from the King James Bible. Public Domain. Copy freely.
Material presented was supplied by Brandon Staggs and was derived from the KJV Dictionary found on his website located at av1611.com.
The unabridged 1828 version of this dictionary in the SwordSearcher Bible Software.
Entry for 'Fan'. King James Dictionary. https://www.studylight.org/dictionaries/eng/kjd/f/fan.html.